Our vision is to work together seamlessly to provide excellent care to meet individual patient needs, and strive to deliver a high quality service.
Widdrington Surgery was established 1938 by Dr Danny O’Driscoll.
Dr Finnbarr O’Driscoll took over from his father and was the village doctor for more than 30 years.
The surgery is a four doctor practice including a husband and wife team – Dr Waite who joined in 2001 and Dr Lees who joined in 2005 when Dr O’Driscoll retired.
Widdrington has been accredited as a GP training practice and will have attached to it one or more qualified doctors training to specialise in General Practice.
We are a Dispensing Practice with an attached Pharmacy. This means that all our patients are able to pick up their medication from the surgery if they wish.
The surgery benefits from a dentist – Jason Old, and an Optician – Paul Boyle of C4 Sightcare, who both have weekly surgeries.
Our additional services include Audiology, Counselling, Smoking Cessation, Podiatry, Diabetic Dieticians, Retinal Eye Screening, NHS Health Trainers and Phlebotomy.
Our Practice boundary is shown in the map below: